Consumer behaviour is changing rapidly due to coronavirus. The pandemic has forced shoppers to change the way they live and in turn, changed their needs and priorities from brands they shop from. The virus has brought a higher concern on safety standards. Pay cuts and the worry about the future have made shoppers more budget-conscious. That’s where your Shopify store design comes in – let us explain.
As customer expectations change, eCommerce stores need to follow suit and cater to these changing needs accordingly. From Shopify store design to marketing, you must adjust your store strategy to avoid losing shopper interest.
The question during this time is— how can you, as a brand, not just deliver a personalized experience for your shoppers but also soothe their worries about safety?
We’ve reviewed the top eCommerce brands across the globe to understand how they’ve adapted their strategy to deliver a store design experience compatible with the changing needs. Here are 5 failproof store design strategies to help you provide your shopper with the right experience today:
1. Make “brand safety” stand out on your store
Safety has become a core part of every brand’s messaging. You need to provide your customers with enough information about your product safety, assuring them about the measures you are taking.
Here are some best practices when setting up a brand safety information page on your Shopify store:
- Make your brand corona-proof with brand safety badges and pages.
- Inform shoppers about not just delivery and shipping information, but also about CSR activities that you have undertaken as a brand to support frontline heroes during the pandemic.
- Add information about the hygiene process behind the manufacturing, packaging, and delivery of the product.
2. Use product labels to highlight more than just sales or offers
Labels on your product images provide visual cues about your store & products. Such labels can help you indicate hygiene, boost credibility, and even provide instant information about the product.
Here are some smart ways to use product labels:
- Add ‘A+ Safety’ and other relevant product labels for highly essential products like sanitizers, food items, face masks, etc.
Use labels like ‘Vegan’ and ‘Contain peanuts’ for products that require such information or warnings.
- Highlight discounts and product popularity with labels like ‘Sale’ and ‘Best Seller’.
- Build urgency by adding ‘Low stock’ or ‘Fast Selling’ labels.
Using product labels, you can easily stick a label over a product image without having to redo your entire store design. It takes only minutes to change the design or copy within the product label. This helps you keep up with the changing consumer needs and update your store without any delay.
New to product labels? Read our complete guide on what are product labels and why does your Shopify store need them.
3. Ensure transparent communication through your Shopify store design
Your shoppers should be informed before they even get to the checkout page about crucial information that impacts their order. This includes shipment delays, extra costs, etc. There are a few ways to ensure transparency across the board for your Shopify store.
Add an announcement bar at the top of your storefront with clear information about shipment delays. You can install the Quick Announcement Bar to easily set up and customize the announcement bar.
- Show taxes and shipping costs on product pages. Apps like Estimated Shipping Cost show your shoppers exactly how much it’ll cost for shipping.
- Set up a Payment Policy page outlining any hidden fees by the payment provider for using specific payment methods.
- Mention any free shipping deals that shoppers can avail when their order value is high.
With such transparent messaging across your Shopify store, you can avoid losing shoppers and instead, keep them informed about any information that might affect them/ their order.
4. Experiment with virtual trial rooms (for fashion, cosmetic or accessories)
Shoppers love the experience of trying out products. However, with everyone staying indoor, shoppers have lost the ability to feel and try out products before they buy it.
However, you can provide them with something close to a trial room. Allow shoppers to get a virtual experience of your products. Virtooal has 2 virtual try-on apps to enable you to easily provide a unique experience to your store visitors. These apps are built for fashion, cosmetic, and beauty stores to provide shoppers with a new perspective of their products.
5. Set up custom customer account pages
One trend that many eCommerce experts have predicted even before the coronavirus is the power of loyalty. Customers are staying loyal to brands that are providing them with the service they expect.
One way that Shopify stores can win over customer loyalty is by personalizing their experience with your store. 63% of consumers expect personalization as a standard of service. Take your basic customer account page and revamp it to provide a personalized customer account page with apps like Flits.
With a custom customer account, you can provide a holistic dashboard for your customers, allowing them to view and purchase their wishlisted items, reorder their favourite items, and see highly personalized recommendations based on their purchases and history.
By providing such a personalized customer experience, you can surely win over customers and build a rich and positive relationship with them.
Optimize your Shopify store design to adapt to shopper needs
With these 5 Shopify store design optimizations, you can meet your shoppers’ expectations. Besides these strategies, we suggest that you keep an eye on what your shoppers need by asking for continuous feedback and listening to their suggestions.
Using this feedback, you can improve the experience that you provide to your shoppers and ensure that they come back to your store to shop more.
Looking for more ideas to upgrade your store design? Reach out to our experts for a brainstorming session!